Monday, July 20, 2009

Dylan goes solo!


Well I've been wanting to start this blog-thing for awhile now, but thought I needed some exciting event to occur first to get me started. Then it happened! Last Thursday night, I asked Dylan, my 5 year old, to let me know when he was ready to take his training wheels off of his bike. He thought about it and said "How about when I'm 5 and 1/2 ?" I said that was fine but that it would be winter time when he was 5 and 1/2 so didn't know if we would be out riding bikes then. So he thought about it some more and decided it was time. I explained to him that once they come off, we are not going to put them back on and that it could take a while to learn. He seemed ok with this and let his Dad remove them. Not 10 minutes later he was doing circles around our cul-de-sac without any help. I was so proud! And he couldn't resist but say "Mom you didn't think I would learn for a long time... I told you so!!" I will never again doubt his abilities and again realize how fast he is growing up!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Just think, the 1st of Dylans wheels; and with each set he will think he can go farther and farther away from mom and dad. Sad and yet great, right? Looking forward to your next post. Love, MOM

Julie L. said...

Good job, Dylan...we're so proud of you! That's a big step! Now you'll have to help Brody ride without training wheels when he gets to be five! :)